March 26-30 2019
This 4wd Adventure Tour will begin in Mansfield and finish with one of the most iconic 4wd tracks in the country – the mighty Blue Rag Range Track!
This tour offers a wide variety of 4wding. From steep, rocky ascents and descents, river crossings, cattlemen huts and 360 panoramic mountain views that will take your breath away! The first night we will be camped at elevation at one of the most visited huts in the Victorian High Country – Craigs Hut from The Man From Snowy River Films! Other campsites throughout the tour will be the grassy flats of the historic Wonnangatta Station and former gold mining town Talbotville. With many awesome 4wd tracks along the way, the ones of note are the low range climbs of Herne Spur, the infamous Billy Goats Bluff Track and the breathtaking Blue Rag Range Track. This tour will tick just about every box that a four wheel driver is looking for when visiting the mighty Victorian High Country!
To make this tour your reality get in touch with us today!
– $795 per vehicle
– Detailed info pack supplied after booking
– Camping gear can be supplied by High Country Adventure Tours for an additional fee.
Things you need to bring on the trip
– All of your camping equipment. Tents, swags, camp chairs etc • Food & water for 5 days.
– Meals – Participants to bring food and drinking water. High Country Adventure Tours will put on 1 roast dinner and a cooked breakfast for the tour group
– Sun screen, camera, batteries and or charger, tripod, sunglasses, hat Any daily medications you may need
– Warm clothes
– Rain coat
– Comfortable walking shoes
Required for your 4wd
– All Terrain tyres minimum requirement on all vehicles
– Vehicles to have front and rear rated recovery points.
– All vehicles to have high and low range gearing.
– It is preferred vehicles have UHF radio communications
– Tour vehicles will have recovery gear
– If you have your own recovery gear, bring it along.
– All vehicles must have a snorkel due to the many river crossings
– Spare tyre
– Required Driver Experience
– Medium – Difficult track conditions.
– Intermediate – Experienced.
Points for consideration Booking Conditions.
– This tour is from November to June only due to Seasonal Closures
– This tour starts in Mansfield and finishes in Harrietville
– No pets. Camping will be in National Parks.
– In case we can’t light a campfire due to a Total Fire Ban (TFB) High Country Adventure Tours will have gas cooking available
– Drop toilets are available
– If you don’t have a UHF radio, hand held radios can be supplied by High Country Adventure Tours.
– Alpine weather can be unpredictable
– This tour is November – June only due to seasonal road closures.
– For bookings get in touch with us via the CONTACT PAGE.
If you are unable to attend a trip you are required to notify High Country Adventure Tours 7 days prior the nominated trip commencement. All monies paid for the trip will then be transferred to an alternate tour at the guest’s preference.
High Country Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour, in which case no liability shall fall on High Country Adventure Tours. If High Country Adventure Tours decides to cancel the tour for reasons other than Park closure due to weather conditions, all money paid will be transferred to another trip at the guest’s preference. If High Country Adventure Tours is forced to cancel or delay a tour due to Parks Victoria or Department of Land Water & Planning (DELWP) closing the Park due to weather conditions or otherwise, all monies paid for the trip will be transferred to an alternate tour
High Country Adventure Tours