January 9-11 2019
Bring your camper trailer for an expertly guided tour of the mighty Vic High Country! For 3 days we’ll be base camped at the historic former pioneer town Talbotville. Located on the Crooked River and with large grass covered open spaces, it’s the ideal place to bring the family for a High Country Adventure!
If you don’t have a camper trailer you are definitely not excluded from this tour! Bring your swag or tent and join in on the fun also!
We’ll take you out on day trips to some of the iconic High Country locations such as the Wonnangatta Valley, Eaglevale, Dargo, and the epic Blue Rag Range Track! We’ll pass on our expert advice all things four wheel driving and camper trailer touring – all in a safe and friendly environment!
At camp you can kick back around the fire whilst the kids ride their bikes around the wide open spaces or if you’re a keen fisherman there’s a trout or two to be caught in the deep pools of the Crooked River! We’ll also have a number of activities at camp that will involve the entire family!
- $400 per vehicle
- Expertly guided day trips to iconic High Country locations.
- Expert advice on four wheel driving and off road camper trailer towing
- 1 fully catered cooked breakfast for the entire group.
- Off Road Camper Trailer with ALL camping equipment
- Warm clothes & Bedding
- Rain coat/waterproof jacket
- Comfortable walking shoes
- All Terrain tyres minimum requirement on all vehicles
- Vehicles to have front and rear rated recovery points.
- All vehicles to have high and low range gearing
- It is preferred vehicles have UHF radio communications
- Tour vehicles will have recovery gear
- If you have your own recovery gear, bring it along
- Snorkel is recommended
- Spare tyre
- Roadworthy Tyres (inc spare)
- Articulating Tow Hitch – Standard Ball Hitch Not Suitable
- Functioning Lights
- Wheel Bearings In Good Condition
- Off-road Suspension
- Trailer Brakes – Electric (preferred) or Inertia
- Easy – Medium track conditions
- Beginner to intermediate
- This tour is from November to June only due to Seasonal Closures
- No pets. Camping will be in National Parks.
- In case we can’t light a campfire due to a Total Fire Ban (TFB) High Country Adventure Tours will have gas cooking available
- Drop toilets are available
- If you don’t have a UHF radio, hand held radios can be supplied by High Country Adventure Tours.
- Alpine weather can be unpredictable
- This tour is November – June only due to seasonal road closures
- For bookings get in touch with us via the CONTACT PAGE.
Things you need to bring on the trip
Required Setup For 4wd
Required Set Up For Camper Trailer
Required Driver Experience
Points for consideration
If you are unable to attend a trip you are required to notify High Country Adventure Tours 7 days prior the nominated trip commencement. All monies paid for the trip will then be transferred to an alternate tour at the guest’s preference
High Country Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour, in which case no liability shall fall on High Country Adventure Tours. If High Country Adventure Tours decides to cancel the tour for reasons other than Park closure due to weather conditions, all money paid will be transferred to another trip at the guest’s preference. If High Country Adventure Tours is forced to cancel or delay a tour due to Parks Victoria or Department of Land Water & Planning (DELWP) closing the Park due to weather conditions or otherwise, all monies paid for the trip will be transferred to an alternate tour.