This Tour Has Concluded For The Season. For A Visit To Craigs Hut See Our Camper Trailer Tour or Contact Us For A Day Trip
Click below to view YouTube clip
This 4wd tour throughout the Mt Stirling area will see us visit no less than 7 High Country Huts in a single day! There’ll be some awesome low range four wheel driving along the escapement of Mt No3 as well as the Mt Stirling summit climb that both offer the most breathtaking mountain views!
We’ll settle in for the night only a short walk from Craigs Hut where if the conditions are right we’ll see the most spectacular sunset that has to be seen to be believed! We’ll be camped amongst the beautiful snow gums dining on a campfire prepared roast whilst taking in the trillion star covered sky!
The following morning the early risers can again see Craigs Hut bathed in sunlight but this time from the morning sun. A cooked breakfast and coffee will be waiting for you back at camp.
ALL THIS IN JUST 24 HOURS!!
This 4wd tour is perfect for families to experience the real aussie bush! Also a great a opportunity for the 1st time four wheel driver wanting to test out their vehicle and driving skills as well as experiencing some fair dinkum aussie history!
- $220 for 2 passengers per vehicle (tag along) Additional passengers incur an additional $40 charge. Kids under 14 FREE!.
- $175 per person if passengers are in tour vehicles (limited seats)
- Cost includes fully guided tour, campfire made roast dinner and breakfast
- Detailed info pack supplied after booking
- Camping gear can be supplied by High Country Adventure Tours for an additional fee.
- All of your camping equipment. Tents, swags, camp chairs etc • Food & water for 2 days.
- Meals – Participants to bring food for 2 lunches and snacks. Roast dinner and a cooked breakfast supplied by High Country Adventure Tours
- Sun screen, camera, batteries and or charger, tripod, sunglasses, hat and any daily medications you may need
- Warm clothes
- Rain coat
- Comfortable walking shoes
- All Terrain tyres minimum requirement on all vehicles
- Vehicles to have front and rear rated recovery points.
- All vehicles to have high and low range gearing.
- It is preferred vehicles have UHF radio communications
- Tour vehicles will have recovery gear
- If you have your own recovery gear, bring it along.
- Snorkel is recommended
- Spare tyre
- Easy – Medium track conditions.
- Beginner to intermediate.
- This tour is from November to June only due to Seasonal Closures
- No pets. Camping will be in National Parks.
- In case we can’t light a campfire due to a Total Fire Ban (TFB) High Country Adventure Tours will have gas cooking available
- Drop toilets are available
- If you don’t have a UHF radio, hand held radios can be supplied by High Country Adventure Tours.
- Alpine weather can be unpredictable
- This tour is November – June only due to seasonal road closures.
- If you are unable to attend a trip you are required to notify High Country Adventure Tours 7 days prior the nominated trip commencement. All monies paid for the trip will then be transferred to an alternate tour at the guest’s preference.
- High Country Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour, in which case no liability shall fall on High Country Adventure Tours. If High Country Adventure Tours decides to cancel the tour for reasons other than Park closure due to weather conditions, all money paid will be transferred to another trip at the guest’s preference. If High Country Adventure Tours is forced to cancel or delay a tour due to Parks Victoria or Department of Land Water & Planning (DELWP) closing the Park due to weather conditions or otherwise, all monies paid for the trip will be transferred to an alternate tour.
Things you need to bring on the trip
Required setup if bringing your own 4wd
Required Driver Experience
Points for consideration