FEBRUARY 21-25 2021
WE ARE MOVING MOUNTAINS FOR MENS MENTAL HEALTH!
Did you know, that on average, one in eight men will experience depression and one in five men will experience anxiety at some stage of their lives? Or that men make up an average of six out of every eight suicides every single day in Australia? The number of men who die by suicide in Australia every year is nearly double the national road toll – to us these statistics are just staggering. We want to make a differnece to this!
This tour which we have aptly named “Moving Mountains for Men’s Mental Health” will be a 5 Day 4wding and camping event with 100% of ALL ticket sales donated to BEYOND BLUE. We have also engaged a number of 4×4 companies that will donate some product for raffles and giveways for this great event.
Financial assistance aside, we want to share our passion with these blokes that are suffering from mental illness. We want to sit by the fire with them and hear their stories and offer them any help that we can give them. Below is what the tour enatils
This 4wd Adventure Tour will begin in Mansfield and finish with one of the most iconic 4wd tracks in the country – the mighty Blue Rag Range Track!
This tour offers a wide variety of 4wding. From steep, rocky ascents and descents, river crossings, cattlemen huts and 360 panoramic mountain views that will take your breath away! The first night you will be camped at elevation at one of the most visited huts in the Victorian High Country – Craigs Hut from The Man From Snowy River Films! Other campsites throughout the tour will be the grassy flats of the historic Wonnangatta Station and former gold mining town Talbotville. With many awesome 4wd tracks along the way, the ones of note are the low range climbs of Herne Spur, the infamous Billy Goats Bluff Track and the breathtaking Blue Rag Range Track.
– $995 per vehicle of which ALL is being donated to BEYOND BLUE
– Expertly guided 4×4 tour throughout the magnificent Victorian High Country
– Automatic entry into 4×4 & camping product competitions
Things you need to bring on the trip
– All of your camping equipment. Tents, swags, camp chairs etc
– Food & water for 5 days.
– Meals – Participants to bring food and drinking water. – Sun screen, camera, batteries and or charger, tripod, sunglasses, hat Any daily medications you may need
– Warm clothes
– Rain coat
– Comfortable walking shoes
Required for your 4wd
– All Terrain tyres minimum requirement on all vehicles
– Vehicles to have front and rear rated recovery points.
– All vehicles to have high and low range gearing.
– UHF radio communications
– Recovery gear
– All vehicles must have a snorkel due to the many river crossings
– Spare tyre
Required Driver Experience
– Medium – Difficult track conditions.
– Intermediate – Experienced.
Points for consideration
– This tour is from November to June only due to Seasonal Closures
– This tour starts in Mansfield and finishes in Harrietville
– No pets. Camping will be in National Parks.
– Drop toilets are available
– Alpine weather can be unpredictable