Have you ever wanted to visit the snow capped peaks of the Victorian High Country with overnight accommodation and not have to pay the hefty resort price tag? If you have then this is the tour for you! This 4wd tour will have some awesome low range 4wding across snow covered ridge lines that most people don’t ever get to experience. We’ll visit a few historical towns along the way including Woods Point and Walhalla that will make you feel like you’ve literally stepped back in time!
Saturday night will be ‘glamping’ at its best. We will be guests at The Gap Getaway at McAdams Gap and will be treated to good old fashioned country hospitality with nibbles on arrival, roast dinner and a cooked breaky Sunday morning. The bar will be open til late with drinks at bar prices.
This tour is sensational value so get in quick! Limited spots available.
- $250 per person if passengers are in tour vehicles (limited seats)
- $200 per person for 2 people per vehicle (tag along). $150 for each additional person – children under 10 free
- Cost includes pub accommodation, nibbles, roast dinner and cooked breakfast. Drinks at bar prices
- Detailed info pack supplied after booking
Things you need to bring on the trip
- Snacks & food for 2 lunches.
- Camera, batteries and or charger, tripod, sunglasses, hat and any daily medications you may need
- Warm clothes
- Rain coat
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
Required setup if bringing your own 4wd
- All Terrain tyres minimum requirement on vehicles
- Vehicles to have front and rear rated recovery points.
- All vehicles to have high and low range gearing.
- All vehicles to have UHF radio communications
- Diesel vehicles must have Alpine Diesel which can be purchased at BP Mansfield
- Tour vehicles will have recovery gear
- If you have your own recovery gear, bring it along.
- Snorkel is recommended
- Spare tyre
- Snow chains (optional)
Required Driver Experience
- Medium track conditions.
Points for consideration
- Our tour will be the only guests at The Gap Retreat.
- Cash required at The Gap Retreat for drinks at the bar – there is no eftpos.
- Accommodation is 2 people per room in single beds – there is room for a small mattress (BYO) or similar for a small child in the room. More than 1 child may require an extra room which will be at an extra cost
- If you don’t have a UHF radio, hand held radios can be supplied by High Country Adventure Tours.
- Alpine weather can be unpredictable
- 50% deposit required 30 days prior to tour
- If you are unable to attend a trip you are required to notify High Country Adventure
Tours 7 days prior the nominated trip commencement. All monies paid for the trip will
then be transferred to an alternate tour at the guest’s preference.
- High Country Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter or cancel any tour, in which
case no liability shall fall on High Country Adventure Tours. If High Country Adventure
Tours decides to cancel the tour for reasons other than Park closure due to weather
conditions, all money paid will be transferred to another trip at the guest’s preference. If
High Country Adventure Tours is forced to cancel or delay a tour due to Parks Victoria or
Department of Land Water & Planning (DELWP) closing the Park due to weather
conditions or otherwise, all monies paid for the trip will be transferred to an alternate